For a safe and pleasant travel, we appeal to you to abide by the following guidelines:
At the bus stop / bus terminal
- Queue up while waiting for the bus.
- Do not jump queue.
- Stand on boarding platform.
- Signal the bus in advance to stop.
Getting on the bus
- Wait until the bus has stopped properly before boarding.
- Board the bus in an orderly manner.
- Allow passengers to alight before you board the bus.
- Do not take such items on board buses that may cause inconvenience to other passengers.
- Ensure that your luggage does not exceed 10 kg and is not bulky.
- Do not board the bus from the Emergency doors.
While on the bus
- Take the first seat available in order to allow other passengers to board the bus.
- Be courteous and offer your seat to the elderly, the disabled or those traveling with young children.
- State your destination and, as far as possible, tender the exact amount for your fare.
- If you are a student, a disabled or pensioner, show your card to the conductor.
- Keep your luggage safely and do not obstruct the passage.
- Hold on firmly to the handrail or stanchion pole when standing.
- Do not stand on the door steps.
- Do not smoke, eat or drink in the bus.
- Do not throw litter on the floor of the bus.
- For the comfort of all passengers, do not damage the seats.
- Report any unusual incidents to the bus conductor.
- When so requested by a ticket examiner, please hand over your ticket for examination.
Getting off the bus
- When you want to get off the bus, ring the bell to signal the driver to stop at the next bus stop.
- Ensure that you do not leave anything behind.
- Do not attempt to alight from the bus while it is moving.
- Do not get off the bus from the Emergency door.
Legal requirements for passengers
- to form a queue in single file while waiting at a bus stop;
- not to use obscene or offensive language or conduct themselves in a disorderly manner;
- not to willfully remove, displace, deface a fare table or other notice in or on the bus;
- not to smoke in a bus;
- not to leave or attempt to leave a bus without paying the fare for the journey;
- to retain their tickets until the end of the journey;
- to produce their tickets to any authorized officer on demand;
- to pay the fare for the journey taken in case they fail to produce their tickets;
- to give priority to disabled persons to enable them to have access to their reserved