How to obtain a contract car licence?
Call at the NTA with your birth certificate and your National Identity Card. If the application is to be made on the name of a company, bring along the original and a copy of the certificate of incorporation.
Other documents which will have to be brought along:
- A letter of intent from a hotel, travel agency or tour operator to hire your services;
- A feasibility report of the project.
- A sketch showing the location of base of operation or residence.
- You will have to apply for a minimum of three cars for the first application. The application fee is Rs 300 per vehicle.
- You will be convened for a hearing by the Authority and if your application is successful, you will be informed accordingly.
- You will be requested to call at the Licensing Section for conditions of implementation, fees applicable for implementation and renewal of licence.
- You will have to implement all three licences at one go. Later on, you may apply for additional licences one at a time if you so wish. You can implement contract car licences on new or second hand imported vehicles which are less than 2 years old.
Documents to be produced for Application for Public Service Vehicle (Contract Car) Licence .